HM Perforation Download
|Inspite of widely used gun based perforators, Hydromechanical perforation is based on simple and highly effective principles of cutting a production casing of the wells with the following creation of multiple perforation channels by the high speed fluid jets generated by 2 perforator's nozzles. Nozzles have got a unique design to build a tight and highly disruptive fluid jets with the ability to wash out a rock of reservoir to the depth of 2m.
- No stress to the cement bond and no induced channellings/cross flow due to crack of cement bond/formation.
- No premature water inflow since stressless perforation channels creation technique.
- Better inflow due to no sintering (vitrification) of the rock and as the result an initial permeability of the perforation channels.
- Perforation channels length is up to 2m, diameter is 15-20mm depending on diameter of the nozzles.
- Unique design of the perforator's nozzles.
- Cost effective and safe perforation solution.
- Long water free production time.
HOW IT WORKS
CORRELATION TO THE RESERVOIR
- Perforator is fixed to the tubing along with crossover for correlation purpose and run to the planned perforation interval.
- Positioning of perforator performed by GR, CCL methods to the planned perforation interval.
LONGITUDINAL SLOTS CREATION
- Cutting discs activated at THP of 2-10MPa.
- Cutting discs start creating longitudinal slot (LS).
- LS created by moving perforator up and down.
Process of perforation is controlled by monitoring of THP.
PERFORATION CHANNELS CREATION
- High pressure fluid jets of the ejectors wash out the cement bond and adjacent formation under the pressure of 23MPa.
- Continued wash out creates DEEP and FULLY permeable channels up to 2m in to the reservoir.
- Increased well-reservoir communication.
Additionally: Acid wash can be done through the acidizing valve at the top of perforator.